Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday 22 July 2006

We decided to start this blog so that we could keep everyone updated on Johnny and Daddy. We are overwhelmed by the kindness, love, thoughts and prayers you all have given to our family and we appreciate this so much. We will start from the beginning for those of you have not heard everything. June 6 Daddy was admitted to the hospital in Meridian, Ms with double pneumonia. His condition did not improve so he was taken to UAB in Birmingham on Father's Day. The following Thursday it was discovered that he needed exploratory surgery and they found a hole in his intestine. He now has a colostomy which can be reversed in several months. He has had quite a few setbacks which included last Tuesday when we were all called to Birmingham. By the time we arrived he was doing better and we all agreed that Johnny should keep his appointment at Mayo in Rochester on Thursday morning. He had been fitted for a leg brace for his RSD in June and he was going back to get his leg brace and have a physical. Johnny flew back to Gulfport in the wee hours of the morning Wednesday and then caught his flight to Rochester, Mn at 6am. He called us at one of the stops to check on Daddy and was informed that he was doing better. The next call we got was when the 2nd nightmare began. One of the first respoders to the crash site was given our office number by Johnny who asked that he please call and let us know what had happened. Some members of our family flew to La Crosse on Wednesday afternoon to be with him. They were able to see him in i.c.u. that evening. He sustained right rib injuries, a closed head injury, right shoulder blade fracture, and fractures to his upper neck. He has overall been doing very well. He is in stable condition. He has undergone surgery for the neck fractures and currently has a "halo" brace to help stablize his neck. He has been sedated, but when the sedation is decreased, he opens his eyes and follows commands appropriately. He has been doing very well. The doctors anticipate a full recovery but will take some time due to his multiple injuries. They hope that once he is further recovered, he will be getting closer to home hopefully within the next couple of weeks. Robert Paulk, Johnny's friend who was also on the plane seems to be improving. Please keep him and his family in your prayers too. Both of the pilots will be buried this week and our hearts and prayers go out to them. We will keep updating as we get information. Miracles are happening. Thanks be to God and the Blessed Virgin Mary.

4 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

I hope both are doing better. I am thinking of y'all so much. Keep giving us updates. Hope to see y'all back home soon. Kevin sends his prayers, too.

Love,

Teresa Taylor

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Fayard family:

My thought's and prayer's are with your family. My name is Linda my mother "Wanda" and I worked for Robert Paulk myself 15 years my mother 18 year's.
My mother and I are happy that Mr. Fayard is doing better. My mother "Wanda " and I "Linda " are very worried about Robert Paulk could you please tell us something on his condition please?


are send me a link if his family has one up please


Thank you
My pray's are with your family
and miracle's do happen ô¿ô
Linda and Wanda

Linda992@aol

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear friend Johnny, I was terribly pained to hear about your accident and greatly relieved to hear your prognosis. I expected no less from you!!Vicki and I are thinking and praying for your family. Get well soon!

Charles and Vicki Fioranelli
cleveland, ms

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY JOHNNY, I WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM THINKING AND PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR PRECIOUS FAMILY. PLEASE STAY STRONG, I KNOW IT IS VERY HARD FOR YOU RIGHT NOW. GOD IS HERE FOR YOU AND WILL NOT LEAVE YOU. YOU HAVE MUCH MORE WORK TO DO ON THIS EARTH JOHNNY, OR YOU WOULD NOT STILL BE HERE.YOU KNOW THAT.
I WISH I COULD BE THERE TO SEE YOU IN PERSON. PLEASE SAY HELLO TO YOUR FAMILY FOR ME. JERRY SAYS YOU LOOK REALLY GOOD. HE WAS SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU. HE WENT TO SEE ROBERT TOO, AND SAYS HE IS ALSO GETTING BETTER.I WILL STAY IN TOUCH.I AM ALSO PRAYING FOR YOUR DADDY.
HUGS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
PAM SWANSON

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home